Thursday 2 June 2011

Antique Bag



This gorgeous antique bag was given to me recently by my Nanny. It is a part of my family history--this is the bag that my great-great-great grandmother took on her honeymoon!  She married in 1870, so this bag is a good 141 years old!

Born in 1845, my great-great-great grandmother was a midwife and died in 1934 at the ripe old age of 88.

Obviously I never knew this ancestor, but judging by the obituary in the newspaper clipping that I was shown, she was a very well-known, popular lady!

I’m so proud to own a piece of the family history--especially something as fantastic as this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading all your sweet comments makes me happy! :) I appreciate each and every one and try to reply to all that I can!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...