Sunday 23 October 2011

Doily Head



This idea came to me on Monday, right after I made a post about my bargain doilies!
 

Putting it together was super easy; I got out a polystyrene display head (another charity shop purchase) and pinned the doilies to it using dressmaking pins.

In some places, I stretched the doilies a little, in other areas - such as the back of the neck – I placed small folds, which I covered by other doilies.


The bottom of the display head is covered in nasty parcel tape, so I hid it with a collar that came in a bag of stuff from my Nanny! I didn’t fix it on but put it around the neck.


I think the head looks great on my chest of drawers: 


Since I’m feeling Halloweeny, I dressed it up with an eye patch and my new hat


The eye patch is handmade; I posted a tutorial for it last year so if you’re curious, please check it out! It's easy-peasy and requires no sewing skills whatsoever!

Linking up to all the usual places in the sidebar! :)

6 comments:

  1. love it!!! i'm making something with doilies too! :) it must be an epidemic !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! Were they hard to mold to the shape of the head or did they go on pretty smooth?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea, I love it. Did you use spray adhesive on the original head to keep it intact? So many things you could do with this project. Kudos to you! I have joined your followers list and invite you to join my followers list; as well,I hope you will grab a blog button. Hugs, Gayle
    http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely L-O-V-E this!! Quirky and pretty. I noticed it right away at the Sunday Showcase party!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I am definitely making one of these for my Shabby Chic booth for displaying hats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, by the way I still have my Restyled Sundays party going on, I would love for you to share this on my link party!

    ReplyDelete

Reading all your sweet comments makes me happy! :) I appreciate each and every one and try to reply to all that I can!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...