Tuesday 31 December 2013

Goals Update #3

So it's the end of the year, and I remembered I had some goals for 2013, which I posted about before.

Here's my final update for this year's goals.

01. Make 100 unique necklaces
Did it
 
02. Start up an etsy store to sell said necklaces!
It's called Little Deer Daydreams
 
03. Create some sewn items to sell on etsy, too
Did this but didn't sell any
 
04. Prepare blog posts much further in advance…
Scheduled posts have been a life-saver for months!
 
05. …but don’t get bogged down with following ‘blogging trends’ (unless they’re interesting to me)
...what were the blogging trends this year, anyway? (This is a genuine question)
 
06. Likewise don’t feel pressured to create ‘seasonal’ crafts/posts (Halloween crafts at Easter? Why not!)
No pressure felt. (Nor motivation)
 
07. Get a hair cut. Seriously. It needs doing. 
Did this eventually. It still looks nice, months later!
 
08. Practice photography, both for blogging and in general
Never really got around to this. =(
 
09. Write more original fiction outside of NaNoWriMo.
Didn't really do much of this, either
 
10. Have a big clear out and sell things on ebay.
Sold a few bits on ebay but also got rid of a lot of stuff through a car boot sale
 
11. Use Royal Pavilion & Museums membership card more before it expires!
It expired. Booo. 
 
12. Paint.
Painted a handful of things this year. Not loads, though.
 
13. Finish reading ‘Tired of London, Tired of Life’ and actually do some of the stuff in it. 
Read it. Haven't been to London since. Bum.
 
14. Complete ‘Wreck This Journal’ (I got one for Christmas and its so much fun)
Finished it! :D Might make a post about it eventually.
 
15. Write more ‘personal’ blog posts (like this one!)
Not sure that I succeeded at this one, either...

Picture so this isn't an entirely text post:
 
 
(I gained a new Discworld book for Christmas, but it didn't fit in with all the others, so I had to relocate them all to a different part of the cupboard...)
 
As for next year's goals...I haven't thought about them yet. How about you?


Happy New Year, everyone. Hope 2014 brings you marvellous things.

2 comments:

  1. I think you did great! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you were pretty successful. I like the one about not following "trends". One I need to work on is work on photography! Wishes you happiness and health for the new year.

    ReplyDelete

Reading all your sweet comments makes me happy! :) I appreciate each and every one and try to reply to all that I can!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...